Friday, May 15, 2009

The Trough

I am like a pig at a trough. Seriously. My dinner consists of chips, dip and beer. I know you are jealous, cause its damn good. But if I am honest with myself (which I HATE being, cause I am an abrasive bitch, or so I have been told) this is a bad idea. What I SHOULD be doing this weekend in preparing my body for smaller portions, and the most important part: no alcohol. It brings tears to my eyes to even write that. My beer. My true companion. I feel like Juliet when she thinks Romeo is dead. (Have I mentioned I am a tad dramatic?)

So I have not always been one to do what I SHOULD over what I WANT. Of course I do when it comes to my kid and my job, but it pretty much ends there. Which is why today's Kroger trip consisted of purchasing the following:

  • Bread (for the kiddo)
  • Chips
  • Dip
  • Cookie mix
  • Beer
  • Hot dogs
Damn, I am so close to being a nutritionist its scary.

Anyway...I have done some good things today also. I had a salad for lunch. Impressed? Don't be. It was a "Black and Blue" Salad. So in addition to having lettuce (duh) it had steak and was slathered in blue cheese dressing. Proof that salad does not equal healthy. I did come home early from work and planted some bulbs by my mailbox. And I spent almost two hours rearranging furniture in my house. And that was a workout: moving a dining room table, sofa bed, china cabinet and the beer bottle to my lips. I am exhausted.

Tomorrow I will clean, and if you saw this house you would KNOW that is a workout. I may have to eat the cookies just to get enough energy to get it all done. Taking one for the team, that's me.

3 comments:

  1. um, dude, nutra system?

    good job on the gardening and house work though. uber jealous of your motivation there.

    btw i feel you on giving up beer. and cookies. it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutra System starts MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy hell I love you.

    ReplyDelete